My rule: Play nice. Comments (moderated) are welcome, but I will not let anyone post something I deem as mean-spirited.


I've consolidated my Cub Scout helps, printables, and ideas at www.CubScoutLove.blogspot.com. (Since I'm not an active scout leader I have left the materials up but I don't continue to maintain that blog.)

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Book Review: Man's Search for Meaning, by Viktor E. Frankl

Man's Search for Meaning: Gift EditionMan's Search for Meaning: Gift Edition by Viktor E. Frankl
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read this in high school and wanted to experience it again as an adult. The book is divided into two parts, Frankl's experience in concentration camps and then his philosophies that came about as a result of that experience. When I was a teen being introduced to the history of the Holocaust, the first section was an enlightening and very moving experience. As an adult reader, I ended up skimming some of the first section, but I especially enjoyed the second section.

Frankl's triumph of the spirit over disaster and unmeasurable heartache is remarkable and inspiring. It's made me think a lot about my own philosophy of life and personal codes of conduct. Highly recommended.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment