My rule: Play nice. Comments (moderated) are welcome, but I will not let anyone post something I deem as mean-spirited.


I've consolidated my Cub Scout helps, printables, and ideas at www.CubScoutLove.blogspot.com. (Since I'm not an active scout leader I have left the materials up but I don't continue to maintain that blog.)

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Book Review: The Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis

The Great DivorceThe Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I just reread this. I think it should be required reading for humanity. It's only 128 tiny little pages, and it's chock full of wisdom.

This is classic Lewis. I just want to keep analyzing every line:
"There are only two kinds of people in the end: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, in the end, 'Thy will be done.' All that are in Hell, choose it. Without that self-choice there could be no Hell. No soul that seriously and constantly desires joy will ever miss it. Those who seek find. to those who knock it is opened." (p. 72 of my old edition)

THINK ABOUT IT. And then every day--seriously and constantly seek JOY!

Original review:
A fabulous parable about what will eventually keep us from God. Is it him that keeps us out of the kingdom or, unfortunately, our very selves? An all-time favorite, I reread this every few years.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment