My rule: Play nice. Comments (moderated) are welcome, but I will not let anyone post something I deem as mean-spirited.


I've consolidated my Cub Scout helps, printables, and ideas at www.CubScoutLove.blogspot.com. (Since I'm not an active scout leader I have left the materials up but I don't continue to maintain that blog.)

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Book Review: The Collected Poems, by Sylvia Plath

The Collected PoemsThe Collected Poems by Sylvia Plath
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Haunting, moving, full of life and fire and joy and terrible, beautiful despair. I was obsessed with Sylvia Plath in my teenage years, which is a good time of life to read her work, because nothing is calm and mellow in her world: just as with teenagers, it's either ecstasy or anguish. Her sweet, sad life still moves me.

I remember when I had a birthday a few years ago and I randomly realized that I was now older than Sylvia when she took her life. Some of the best and most moving art (including literature) sadly comes from a tortured soul. Sylvia was one of those brilliant and shining tortured souls.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment