My rule: Play nice. Comments (moderated) are welcome, but I will not let anyone post something I deem as mean-spirited.


I've consolidated my Cub Scout helps, printables, and ideas at www.CubScoutLove.blogspot.com. (Since I'm not an active scout leader I have left the materials up but I don't continue to maintain that blog.)

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Book Review: Gift from the Sea, by Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Gift from the SeaGift from the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I relished this delightful, gentle little book of "women's wisdom" that still feels so applicable to my life today and not old-fashioned despite being written over 50 years ago. Lindbergh takes us into her inner thoughts through this writer's journal kept while she was on retreat at the sea. The pace is slow and meandering, reflective of her inner dialogue and introspection as she finds metaphors for life in the various shells she finds on the beach.

There were many little gems of wisdom in this book that I anticipate rediscovering as I buy my own copy and savor it in slow morsels with my own writer's journal. Thanks to Mara for this book club selection and turning into a wonderful full-sensory experience with a beautiful dinner as well!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment