My rule: Play nice. Comments (moderated) are welcome, but I will not let anyone post something I deem as mean-spirited.


I've consolidated my Cub Scout helps, printables, and ideas at www.CubScoutLove.blogspot.com. (Since I'm not an active scout leader I have left the materials up but I don't continue to maintain that blog.)

Monday, March 24, 2014

Book Review: Let Me Hold You Longer, by Karen Kingsbury

Let Me Hold You Longer (Kingsbury, Karen)Let Me Hold You Longer by Karen Kingsbury
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Get your tissues out before you read this. I started crying on the second page. (I'm so sentimental.) It's a sweet little picture book written from a mother to her son. She thinks about all the time she spends during his life looking for his "firsts": first word, first day of school, first day on the team. And then she realizes that along the way she has missed a lot of his "lasts": last time he came to her bed in the night to sleep, last page he colored for her, last time he asked her for romantic advice. It just hits so close to home. I want to try to do better to enjoy both the "firsts" and the "lasts."

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment