My rule: Play nice. Comments (moderated) are welcome, but I will not let anyone post something I deem as mean-spirited.


I've consolidated my Cub Scout helps, printables, and ideas at www.CubScoutLove.blogspot.com. (Since I'm not an active scout leader I have left the materials up but I don't continue to maintain that blog.)

Monday, March 24, 2014

Book Review: A Scripture of Leaves, by William Stafford

A Scripture of LeavesA Scripture of Leaves by William Edgar Stafford
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was privileged to attend a student poetry workshop with William Stafford in college in 1991, I believe. In person he was as gentle and unassuming as his poetry. Later I attended a poetry workshop with Maxine Kumin, and it seemed like her ego was too big to allow her to give helpful critiques to us "lowly" students. But William Stafford had no pretensions. He was real and delightful and empathetic. I appreciate both the man and his bright life as well as the beautiful legacy of words he left behind.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment