My rule: Play nice. Comments (moderated) are welcome, but I will not let anyone post something I deem as mean-spirited.


I've consolidated my Cub Scout helps, printables, and ideas at www.CubScoutLove.blogspot.com. (Since I'm not an active scout leader I have left the materials up but I don't continue to maintain that blog.)

Monday, February 24, 2014

Book Review: This House of Sky: Landscapes of a Western Mind, by Ivan Doig

This House of Sky: Landscapes of a Western MindThis House of Sky: Landscapes of a Western Mind by Ivan Doig
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm just going to officially put this on the unfinished shelf and call it good. I may finish it someday, but it's such a slow, meandering book that I never feel compelled to sit and read it. Thus I have been reading it over the course of probably a year.

The prose is gorgeous, and the descriptions of the Wyoming landscape are harsh and lovely. Doig's relationship with his father is tender and complicated. His characters and dialogue ring true. But it's autobiography--and so the story goes on, unfinished and unresolved. Someday I hope to finish it, but not now.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment