My rule: Play nice. Comments (moderated) are welcome, but I will not let anyone post something I deem as mean-spirited.


I've consolidated my Cub Scout helps, printables, and ideas at www.CubScoutLove.blogspot.com. (Since I'm not an active scout leader I have left the materials up but I don't continue to maintain that blog.)

Thursday, July 31, 2014

There Is No Try


Is a principle true or not? You must decide--and then act.

It's impossible for the answer to life's biggest questions to be, "That just doesn't work for me," or "I might try that sometime."

If you know something is real, then that knowledge should dictate everything you do and are. You become under obligation to live your life as a witness.

Author Bob Morehead tells the story of a young man from Rwanda in 1980 who was forced by his tribe to either renounce his faith in Christ or face certain death. He refused to renounce Christ, and he was killed on the spot. The night before he had written the following commitment, which was found in his room:

I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed. The dye has been cast. The decision has been made. I have stepped over the line. I won't look back, let up, slow down, or back away. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, my future is secure. I'm finished with low living, sight walking, small planning, smooth knees, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap giving and dwarfed goals. I no longer need pre-eminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I don't have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded, rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk with patience, live by prayer and labor with power. My face is set, my gait is fast and my goal is Heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my guide is reliable, my mission is clear. I can not be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won't give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, spoken for the case of Christ. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till all know, and work till He stops me. My banner is clear. I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed.

THAT'S what it means to do or do not. I pray that I will show through my daily walk, through choices big and small, that I belong to the fellowship of the unashamed!

No comments:

Post a Comment