My rule: Play nice. Comments (moderated) are welcome, but I will not let anyone post something I deem as mean-spirited.


I've consolidated my Cub Scout helps, printables, and ideas at www.CubScoutLove.blogspot.com. (Since I'm not an active scout leader I have left the materials up but I don't continue to maintain that blog.)

Monday, April 7, 2014

Book Review: William Shakespeare's Star Wars: Verily, A New Hope, by Ian Doescher

William Shakespeare's Star Wars: Verily, A New Hope (William Shakespeare's Star Wars, #1)William Shakespeare's Star Wars: Verily, A New Hope by Ian Doescher
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved so many things about this play. It sounds like a gag gift until you open it up and see that there is some darn good writing here. Ian Doescher is obviously an expert in "Star Wars" as well a gifted imitator of both Shakespeare's dialogue and form. You really could study this like a Shakespeare play, which is why there is even an online study guide. Apparently his publisher liked this well enough to have Doescher finish the trilogy with William Shakespeare's The Empire Striketh Back and William Shakespeare's The Jedi Doth Return.

I liked it so well, I threw a party where we all read this book aloud. It was a blast! If you want to have a Shakespeare Star Wars party too, take a look at how I did it at Jennifer Said.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment