My rule: Play nice. Comments (moderated) are welcome, but I will not let anyone post something I deem as mean-spirited.


I've consolidated my Cub Scout helps, printables, and ideas at www.CubScoutLove.blogspot.com. (Since I'm not an active scout leader I have left the materials up but I don't continue to maintain that blog.)

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Book Review: How to Hug a Teenage Porcupine, by John Lund

How to Hug a Teenage PorcupineHow to Hug a Teenage Porcupine by John Lewis Lund
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This isn't a book on CD but rather a set of three talks. I wish it were a book also so I could go through and highlight it and make notes! I also think every parent should listen to this.

I first read How to Hug a Porcupine: Dealing With Toxic & Difficult to Love Personalities, hoping it would have information about teenagers, but it doesn't have much. These CDs were exactly what they claim to be, plus there are many more ideas and parenting concepts than just getting along with teenagers.

The principles Dr. Lund teaches can be applied to parenting any age child. Actually, I think they are applicable to many kinds of personal relationships. Dr. Lund is a master storyteller as well as a counselor with many years of experience, and he's also raised eight compliant AND non-compliant children, so his presentation is entertaining and informative, and it held a lot of credibility with me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment