My rule: Play nice. Comments (moderated) are welcome, but I will not let anyone post something I deem as mean-spirited.


I've consolidated my Cub Scout helps, printables, and ideas at www.CubScoutLove.blogspot.com. (Since I'm not an active scout leader I have left the materials up but I don't continue to maintain that blog.)

Monday, February 24, 2014

Book Review: Rescuing Wayward Children, by Larry Barkdull

Rescuing Wayward ChildrenRescuing Wayward Children by Larry Barkdull
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is one of those rare books that I got at the library and then just had to buy. Plus, I would love to give one to all my friends. So yeah, it's a keeper. In a word (two): Read it. I've read it twice now and just can't get enough.

I learned more about the gospel, the purpose of our existence and God's plan for mankind and us individually, the temple, and the atonement than I have from any other book besides the scriptures. Even if you do not have a wayward child, chances are there is a loved one in your life and/or you are in a leadership position where you are in a position of influence with someone who is straying from God's paths. As a parent it brings me great comfort to know that I am in a unique position of influence with my children and am a partner with God in helping Him aid my children on their journey home.

This book is full of wonderful and comforting doctrine and personal stories. God has not forgotten and will never forget a single one of His children. And He will never, no never, no never! give up on any of them. This is a great lesson and example for all of us to follow.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment