My rule: Play nice. Comments (moderated) are welcome, but I will not let anyone post something I deem as mean-spirited.


I've consolidated my Cub Scout helps, printables, and ideas at www.CubScoutLove.blogspot.com. (Since I'm not an active scout leader I have left the materials up but I don't continue to maintain that blog.)

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Book Review: Plain but Wholesome: Foodways of the Mormon Pioneers, by Brock Cheney

Plain but Wholesome: Foodways of the Mormon PioneersPlain but Wholesome: Foodways of the Mormon Pioneers by Brock Cheney
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I thoroughly enjoyed my foray into Utah's pioneer past with this fascinating book that examines history through that most significant yet often overlooked lens of food. Local author Brock Cheney has done meticulous research and presents his material--much of it new and surprising--it in a engaging and thoughtful way. Many documented 19th century recipes are included, so if you so desire, you can have a culinary experience that would be just like one your 3rd great grandmother had!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment