My rule: Play nice. Comments (moderated) are welcome, but I will not let anyone post something I deem as mean-spirited.


I've consolidated my Cub Scout helps, printables, and ideas at www.CubScoutLove.blogspot.com. (Since I'm not an active scout leader I have left the materials up but I don't continue to maintain that blog.)

Monday, February 24, 2014

Book Review: How to Hug a Porcupine, by John Lund

How to Hug a Porcupine: Dealing With Toxic & Difficult to Love PersonalitiesHow to Hug a Porcupine: Dealing With Toxic & Difficult to Love Personalities by John Lewis Lund
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book helps you deal with people in your life who are truly toxic, not just "prickly" (porcupines). It gave me a lot to think about in my own life and what toxic behaviors I need to eliminate in myself. It gave me a new perspective on relationships; I never thought about the idea that you are half of any relationship and can control how YOU act no matter what the other person does. Probably sounds like a no-brainer, but John Lund delivers the message in an insightful way with lots of helpful examples. I appreciated the ideas in this book and the way they were presented so I could internalize them best.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment