My rule: Play nice. Comments (moderated) are welcome, but I will not let anyone post something I deem as mean-spirited.


I've consolidated my Cub Scout helps, printables, and ideas at www.CubScoutLove.blogspot.com. (Since I'm not an active scout leader I have left the materials up but I don't continue to maintain that blog.)

Friday, January 24, 2014

Book Review: Rise of the Elgen, by Richard Paul Evans

Rise of the Elgen (Michael Vey, #2)Rise of the Elgen by Richard Paul Evans
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a fun and entertaining YA novel. I appreciate authors who can keep the story appropriate for the audience, with just the right amount of action, twists and turns, and also avoid the sex and language that seems to be pretty prevalent in current YA literature.

The one thing I did not appreciate (because I am an adult reader and because I don't follow series, as a rule) was the cliffhanger ending. Be forewarned.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment