My rule: Play nice. Comments (moderated) are welcome, but I will not let anyone post something I deem as mean-spirited.


I've consolidated my Cub Scout helps, printables, and ideas at www.CubScoutLove.blogspot.com. (Since I'm not an active scout leader I have left the materials up but I don't continue to maintain that blog.)

Sunday, February 10, 2019

Decadent Fudgy Flourless Brownies, 2 WW Smartpoints

I've been searching for a delicious brownie I could eat while on Weight Watchers Freestyle and not feel deprived. I found a couple of good ones (and several that made me feel like something died inside me in fear that this was the best I could do for a "treat").

I love to bake, and I eventually decided I needed to come up with my own take. I used a few recipes for inspiration and came up with something that satisfies the sweet tooth with one brownie but doesn't "break the points bank" even if I eat a second one. I'll admit it: I need me some chocolate every day!

Without further ado, here is my brownie recipe... in image format as well as text, so you can save it the way you like. The ingredients seem pretty funky until you put it all together and see how good it turns out. I really hope you enjoy these awesome, gluten-free "healthy" brownies as much as I do!


Decadent Fudgy Flourless Brownies
I'm not a photographer or a
cooking blogger :)
just a pretty decent baker. 

by Jennifer Hughes, WW Connect: @jenhues
Per serving: 2 WW Smartpoints (Freestyle program)
83 calories each
Don't tell your kids what's in this crazy recipe and they'll never know that these are actually healthy!

Puree in blender:
1 can black beans (15 oz.), drained and rinsed
2 Tb. water
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/3 med. avocado, cut into pieces

Combine these dry ingredients in a mixing bowl:
5/8 c. sugar (yes, real sugar!)
3/8 c. Splenda granulated sweetener (you can play around with these ratios if you prefer more Splenda and less sugar)
3/8 c. baking cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder

Additional optional ingredient:
66 Lily's sugar-free chocolate chips

Puree the wet ingredients, then stir into dry ingredients and mix well. To boost the chocolate flavor without increasing Smartpoints per serving, you can gently mix in 66 Lily's chocolate chips (about a heaping tablespoon).

Spoon the batter into a 9X9 baking pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 340 degrees for 23-25 minutes. The brownies should be set up but still appear soft when you take the pan out.

Cut into 16 pieces. You don't have to wait for it to cool. Why should you? You want a brownie now!

WW Freestyle Smartpoints:
1 brownie = 2 Smartpoints
2 brownies = 5 Smartpoints
3 brownies = 7 Smartpoints

Note: These are the Smartpoint values my WW food tracker app calculated. Feel free to enter the ingredients as a custom recipe in your app to come up with your own Smartpoint values. 


My Background
I'm a Weight Watchers success story twice now. In 2005-06, I lost more than 40 pounds and kept most of it off for several years. However, several difficult life events (including middle age) about five years ago created the perfect storm for gaining weight, and I quickly ballooned up to even more than my previous highest weight. I knew WW had worked for me in the past, but I kept thinking I could take off that pesky 15 pounds "the easy way" with some fad diets--and instead just kept yo-yoing. (Note: fad diets are actually the hard way!) I decided maybe my metabolism had just changed and I needed to resign myself to being overweight.

Luckily, I decided to give WW another try.  I've lost about 35 pounds in 5 1/2 months and plan to be back at goal within a few months. I'm feeling healthier and back in control of my life, and my self-confidence keeps increasing. I appreciate how WW is a sustainable eating plan that lets me eat real food while retraining my brain to eat treats and snacks in moderation.

No comments:

Post a Comment