My rule: Play nice. Comments (moderated) are welcome, but I will not let anyone post something I deem as mean-spirited.


I've consolidated my Cub Scout helps, printables, and ideas at www.CubScoutLove.blogspot.com. (Since I'm not an active scout leader I have left the materials up but I don't continue to maintain that blog.)

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Memorize "The Living Christ": Week 7

"The Bible and the Book of Mormon Testify of Christ," by Greg K. Olson
Image from LDS.org, used with permission
My family is memorizing "The Living Christ: The Testimony of the Apostles" by breaking it down into 
small sections, using helps from BookofMormondiscovery.com as well as a couple of my own. My helps are aimed at adults and teenagers, but the website above has more ideas for younger children.


Week 7 Assignment
Memorize: “He also ministered among His ‘other sheep’ in ancient America. In the modern world, He and His Father appeared to the boy Joseph Smith, ushering in the long-promised ‘dispensation of the fulness of times’ (Eph. 1:10). Of the Living Christ, the Prophet Joseph wrote: ‘His eyes were as a flame of fire; the hair of his head was white like the pure snow; his countenance shone above the brightness of the sun; and his voice was as the sound of the rushing of great waters even the voice of Jehovah, saying: ‘I am the first and the last; I am he who liveth, I am he who was slain; I am your advocate with the Father’” (D&C 110:3–4).

The Plan
  • Start in Week 1.
  • Print the Week 7 assignment and hang it where you will see it a lot. After a few days you may want to start using the fill-in-the-blank sheet instead.
  • This little booklet (image below) covers weeks 5-8. I punched a hole and used a carabiner to hold the pages. 
  • I created a second little booklet with the same pictures but no words (below). Email me if you want it as a DOC or PDF instead.
  • Keep reading this week's assignment and saying it out loud. Then go back and practice tagging it on to everything from the beginning.

Materials
Use the images below or the links for printable helps.

Week 7 assignment

Week 7 assignment


Week 5-8 mini booklet without words

Weeks 5-8 mini booklet with words

https://www.lds.org/bc/content/shared/content/english/pdf/36035_000_25_livingchrist.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment