My rule: Play nice. Comments (moderated) are welcome, but I will not let anyone post something I deem as mean-spirited.


I've consolidated my Cub Scout helps, printables, and ideas at www.CubScoutLove.blogspot.com. (Since I'm not an active scout leader I have left the materials up but I don't continue to maintain that blog.)

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Memorize "The Living Christ": Week 3

"John Baptizing Jesus," by Harry Anderson
Image from LDS.org, used with permission
My family is memorizing "The Living Christ: The Testimony of the Apostles" by breaking it down into small sections, using helps from BookofMormondiscovery.com as well as a couple of my own. My helps are aimed at adults and teenagers, but the website above has more ideas for younger children.

Week 3 Assignment
Memorize: “Though sinless, He was baptized to fulfill all righteousness. He ‘went about doing good’ (Acts 10:38), yet was despised for it. His gospel was a message of peace and goodwill. He entreated all to follow His example.”

The Plan
  • Start in Week 1.
  • Print the Week 3 assignment and hang it where you will see it a lot. After a few days you may want to start using the fill-in-the-blank sheet instead.
  • This little booklet (below) covers weeks 1-4. I punched a hole and used a carabiner to hold the pages for one week at a time. 
  • I created a second little booklet with the same pictures but no words (below). Email me if you want it as a DOC or PDF instead.
  • Keep reading this week's assignment and saying it out loud. Also practice tagging it onto Week 1.

Materials
Use the images below or the links for printable helps.

Week 3 assignment

Week 3 assignment



Weeks1-4 mini booklet with no words

Weeks 1-4 mini booklet with words
https://www.lds.org/bc/content/shared/content/english/pdf/36035_000_25_livingchrist.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment