My rule: Play nice. Comments (moderated) are welcome, but I will not let anyone post something I deem as mean-spirited.


I've consolidated my Cub Scout helps, printables, and ideas at www.CubScoutLove.blogspot.com. (Since I'm not an active scout leader I have left the materials up but I don't continue to maintain that blog.)

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Hearty Hamburger Soup

Here's a simple recipe for a delicious comfort food soup. This is like a taste of childhood to me! Because I like to make a big batch and you may not, I'm just going to put guidelines instead of measurements.

Hearty Hamburger Soup
Soup base: 
  • half broth (any kind, or bullion and water) and half canned, stewed tomatoes  
  • can of tomato sauce
  • a little ketchup (1/4 c. for a large pan) (it sounds odd but it adds a nice little zing)
Put in:
  • chopped onion
  • cooked ground beef
  • chopped carrots
  • chopped celery (if you like) 
Season with basil or Italian seasoning, a bay leaf, and salt/pepper. Boil until the veggies are almost tender. 

Now use any of these add-ins: 
  • a handful of barley 
  • pasta
  • corn
  • kidney beans
Cook until everything is tender and serve. This takes about 1/2 hour to make with prep and cooking time. Enjoy!

Do you make a soup like this? Leave a comment of your variations.

No comments:

Post a Comment