My rule: Play nice. Comments (moderated) are welcome, but I will not let anyone post something I deem as mean-spirited.


I've consolidated my Cub Scout helps, printables, and ideas at www.CubScoutLove.blogspot.com. (Since I'm not an active scout leader I have left the materials up but I don't continue to maintain that blog.)

Friday, August 29, 2014

Anniversaries

What is it about anniversaries that we attach so much meaning to? We mark the passing of time with arbitrary labels, yet upon a certain time marker we feel the need for celebration or we feel old pain anew.

When our loved ones are with us, it makes sense to do something with or for them to acknowledge their importance in our lives. But when someone is gone, how would they know if we notice the date or not? Still, it feels wrong to not mark the occasion, as if we aren't giving proper respect.



So on this August 29, I feel like I need to go outside and shout to the sky, "Happy anniversary of your first year in Heaven, Mom. Save a seat for me!"


 





 





No comments:

Post a Comment