My rule: Play nice. Comments (moderated) are welcome, but I will not let anyone post something I deem as mean-spirited.


I've consolidated my Cub Scout helps, printables, and ideas at www.CubScoutLove.blogspot.com. (Since I'm not an active scout leader I have left the materials up but I don't continue to maintain that blog.)

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Book Review: Ten Parables, by Denver C. Snuffer Jr.

Ten ParablesTen Parables by Denver C. Snuffer Jr.
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I enjoyed some of these parables, but some seemed obvious to me or just simple stories. The tone is similar to Aesop's fables, with not much figurative language, which I think would have been an asset to the writing. Maybe the name "parable" was what didn't work for me. I thought a few of them would make great picture books, maybe better in that format than in a little "fiction" work that read more like nonfiction.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment